Recently some very dear friends of ours were married in the good old city of Calgary. My dashing husband was the best man to our best man. :)
Going to their wedding was the first thing I was able to do since getting sick. So I was wanting to make the most of it and go crazy. Thankfully a friend of mine and my hubby talked me out of it before I got the chance and had some major relapse. I was a little sad about not being able to go to the dinner party and gift opening but it was for the best and even though I took it extremely easy, I still had a great time. I was VERY happy just to be there. I would have had one major pity party if I had to stay home and miss this beautiful couple joining their lives together. Lets be honest here.
First off, we got this amazing deal on wag jag for a hotel with a continental breakfast and a pool, which we took full advantage of. Samuel loves swimming and water of any kind. Even a puddle will entertain him for hours.
The boys did alright in the night. I thought they would both be up non stop from hearing each other. I mean Samuel heard us getting up with Nathan and would wake up. But he went back to bed pretty good, until morning when he woke up at the crack of dawn. Nathan slept decent. We were in the process of sleep training him so it messed it up a little bit but a few days at home and he was back on track. Which by the way has gone pretty well ( Don't let this deceive you into thinking we never have bad nights though ) Ben moved him into his room, which had me tearing up a little. I wasn't overly ready for him to be out of his bassinet yet.
The day of the wedding was wonderful. Everyone looked SO good. The food was wonderful ( minus the salad having rice in it, causing my husband to have an allergic reaction right before his speech. He pulled it together though and it went wonderfully ) The decor was perfect. Blue mason jars. Pictures hanging from strings on the wall. White table cloths. Beautiful. Something similar to what I would do if I got married again... not that I want to get married again. It was a very enjoyable day with wonderful family and friends. The bride and groom couldn't be more perfect for each other and will make really cute blonde babies one day *wink*
| Isinger Clan |
Samuel has really, really started to get into dancing lately. Every wedding we go to he is on the dance floor. He is so adorable.I love watching him having fun and trying to show off. He defiantly takes after my side with all his dancing haha. I think he's been watching his Grandpa a little to closely!
In closing. We went to mass on sunday and stopped at the famous, Peters drive in on the way home. I mean no trip to Calgary would be complete with out at least one meal there. I LOVE there onion rings and milk shakes. So delicious. I was thankful that the drive was only a little over three hours because my boys do NOT sleep in the car. Nathan pretty much fussed the entire way home. Oh well. What can you do!?







No comments:
Post a Comment