Thursday, September 27, 2012

Play Tent

I have finally finished the play tent. * Fist pump*

I started this project so long ago it ridiculous. Were talking Samuel's first birthday, that type of - long ago.
A little embarrassing. But in my defence, I don't have a sewing machine. I was borrowing my mother in laws sewing machine.

I would go to her house, work on the tent and than leave everything at her place for the next time I could come back to work on it.

Before you know it, time was passing so quickly and I forgot about it. Out of sight out of mind!

When Samuel's second birthday was approaching I remembered the play tent that I had started nearly a year ago. So once things started to slow down from all the summer hype I asked to borrow the sewing machine so that it would be at my house, staring me in the face.
With is sitting right on my kitchen table I started to work on it again.

By this time I had forgotten how to use the sewing machine though . Haha. 

A friend of mine came over with her husband and she loves sewing. So after my SLOW attempt at sewing the ties on to the tent she said she would do it while we played Settlers of Catan. So in between turns she finished putting on the last of the tent ties.
She was ten times faster than I was.

We set it up in the basement so Samuel had a nice surprise when he woke up. He liked it, specially hanging from it. Typical boy.

I'm glad it's done and I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's the first time I have ever tried sewing. The lines are a little wonky but not bad. Hopefully my next sewing project goes even better.

I was planning on doing a tutorial on how we made the play tent because we kinda just made it up and went through all the trial and error of building it but so much time has passed.

I didn't take any pictures of the process and I don't have the measurements anymore. I realize I could measure it all again, take it apart and take pictures... but to save my self some time that I desperately need ( Both kids are sick and I'm in zombie mode ) you should look at this great tutorial here at ohdeardrea.











Forgive me for all the underwear pictures. Were in the midst of potty training and for some reason, when I put pants on him he always has accidents. If we leave him in just underwear he goes on the potty. Strange but whatever works.





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...