Monday, September 24, 2012

In The Country

My dear friend, Megan lives out on an acreage a short drive outside of the city. 

It's beautiful out there. 

They have a huge garden where they grow EVERYTHING! Corn, pumpkins, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, cabbage ect. 

Anything you want, they've got it. 







There are apples tree's, pretty flowers and most importantly ( For Samuel ) a huge open field that goes as far as the eye can see. Samuel can run as far has he likes and I can always see what he's doing with out even getting up.

I love being surround by natures sights, sounds and smells. There is always some sort of activity going on. They are harvesting or canning. They go hunting and quadding. 

It's absolutely refreshing! 

Socks






I like living where there are grocery stores and malls. Where everything I need is conveniently five minutes away! But there is apart of me that just loves the country. Peace and quiet. Wheat fields that go for miles. No distractions! Being able to slow my self down, go out side and literally just lay in the grass. 

Double Trouble






When we leave Samuel usually has a full basket of "nature". There are rocks in one pocket, leaves in the other and a stick or two in his hands.

I also never leave empty handed. I alway get some sort of vegetable to take home, which is greatly appreciated. There is NOTHING like home grown vegetables. 
The tomatoes are juicer, the carrots are crunchier. Any of you that have a garden or have got anything from someone who has a garden knows what I'm talking about.



Samuel helping give the kittens milk








 Megan also has some cats and a dog. Two of her cats had kittens a few weeks back. When they were big enough to play out side and for Samuel to hold, we went for a visit. 
It was some well needed mommy and Sam time. 
There were ten adorable little fluff balls. Samuel had so much fun playing with them. He was desperately trying to kiss every kitten before they ran away.







Keeping track of ten little pouncing kittens is tough work. We almost had a heart attack when we thought we lost one outside. Turns out she was inside the bedroom the whole time! It was adorable watching Samuel run around calling for the kitty though. He was so concerned, we all were.



Trying to fill the watering can

A better option for filling the can

Watering the pumpkins








Of course I had to give myself the talk before we went out there! Chantal! You will not bring home any animals!!! Thank goodness I did because there was this one little kitty named Socks that I fell in love with.
He was so spunky and was defiantly the adventurous one out of the two litters. He was constantly trying to climb trees and getting into trouble.
Of course I would want the wild one. Couldn't just pick a tame one that wanted cuddles! haha.



Socks

I will kiss you if it's the last thing I do






Deep down I know I have my hands full. Im sure our future includes some sort of pet but Im not ready for that just yet.
And on top of that were more puppy people.

That's why Im really, really going to have to give myself the talk when we go out there tonight! Ben too! He's even worse than I am, which I didn't think was even possible!













Megan's beautiful lab had twelve puppies on friday. 
Good work mama. 
I am SO excited to see them. She has been sending me pictures on my phone and it melts my heart every time.

I promise! My next post will not be about how I couldn't resist and got a puppy!! *Deep breath* I can DO this! 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...