Thursday, July 19, 2012

J.S.Y.K. - Just so you know!







I always find it difficult deciding what I should write for the world to see and what I should keep private. I deal with things by writing about them so you can see why this would be hard for me.
Lately I have been going through some really challenging things and have been trying to deal with everything as best I can. There are a lot of stresses and worries facing our little family as of late and so I am finally branching out and putting my self out there on the line, feeling very vulnerable.
Im not sure what I was expecting to hear from all these people but the thing that Im hearing for the most part is that I need to be selfish! I need to stop being so accommodating to others and start doing what is best for me and my family. The people that I need in my life should be supporting me and be a pillar of strength for me in this hard time.
Im coming to realize who those people are more and more each day. I am so grateful for their friendship and that God has placed them into my life.

So once all these weddings are done and my family starts heading back to various places they live, we are taking us time. We are going to work on not being so busy. Relaxing. Getting rid of distractions. Enjoying each other and doing the things that make us happy. August is our month. Im not committing to anything other than spending time with my boys and the people who truly matter.

My goal is to really start spending good quality time with my friends. I would rather have a few really close friends than a bunch of friends who aren't really interested in my life. I know this sounds like a no brainer but Im kinda that person who likes to see the best in people and sometimes in return just gets walked on. No more! I am setting some boundaries that I should have a very long time ago.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Chantal! Setting boundaries and sticking up for yourself will make a world of difference. Sometimes, you just gotta say no! Proud of you. XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...