Sunday, July 15, 2012

As a matter of fact







We have been living in our house since the beginning of April. Un like every other time we have moved, this place has actually felt like my home from the very beginning. It didn't take any adjustments or getting used to ( for me, anyways. It was an adjustment for Samuel ). I knew this was our home.

I didn't realize however the extra amount of time it takes to get every where in the city. You have to add on at least fifteen more minutes on to every drive you take which was a little bit of a hassle when I was pregnant and going to the doctors every week, getting blood work and going to ultra sounds.
It literally took me eight minutes to get to my doctors ( I timed it ) and since we moved out of the city it takes us twenty five minutes. Big difference specially when your major prego and have a child in tote. Thankfully we are passed all that now and since Nathan is two months old we are done all the after birth check ups.

I am finally getting used to the drive into the city when I have to but am realizing that I really like living out here. Everything we need is out here. We pretty much have all the same stores. We have a huge rec centre that has awesome family activities, which we will be taking full advantage of as soon as Nathan's a little older. There's a library with some great programs. So many walking trails, parks and spray parks all within walking distance from my house or a short two minute drive. There are parades on special occasions. They have there own fire works on Canada day. They have multiple farmers markets.

Our community has some great events as well. There is this program called the Welcome Wagon. They give you a ton of free stuff and gift certificates for restraunts, house things, kids things, anything basically. You name it. There is the Baby Wagon. They give you all the same stuff but the coupons are for baby things and the gift certificates are for kid friendly stores. They also tell you about all the programs out here that you can do with children.

The other day, just a short walk from our house there was a huge b.b.q for all the people that lived in our neighbour hood. The county supplied everything for the event and provided entertainment for the kids. Samuel was having a blast with all the things there were to do. We got to meet a few young families that live on our street and some even have young boys Samuels age. I didn't even know there were young families any where around us. Im really happy for Samuel ( Nathan too when he's older ) because Im sure as he grows up that will be really awesome for him.
I remember when I was little and all of us kids in the neighbour hood got together all the time to play sports or go for bike rides.

There was never anything like these programs in the city. I didn't see very many community things going on for families.. maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough. But I like that Im not even looking and things are super available.

Today when I went shopping I ran into one of the moms from the b.b.q. I think it's pretty sweet that Im going to be seeing these ladies around the neighbour hood in our everyday adventures even if it's just getting groceries or when were out on the front lawn.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...