Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Hello world!
Yes. We are still alive and kicking over here.
I can't believe how fast this lent has gone.
I blinked and Holy week was over.
We have been pretty busy with Easter-ish things, un packing, reflections and family time.



I really have been enjoying going to daily mass.
I even got to go on holy thursday by myself and actually got to be 100% present.
I can't even remember the last time I heard all the readings
and didn't have to try to keep a little someone from being loud.

Good friday was spent going to mass, fasting, watching the "Passion" ( which always has me bawling like a baby ) and playing some cards with my side of the family.

Drawing on eggs





Saturday was spent colouring Easter eggs, drawing on the chalk board ( I don't know who likes the chalk board more, Samuel or I ) and eating way to much bread. We didn't go to the Easter Vigil since it starts at 9pm and I knew Samuel wouldn't make it anywhere close to 9pm with out having a major break down. Maybe next year? I really love the Easter Vigil. It's to bad we had to miss it.

Center piece

The final product of our egg colouring


Window fun

Sunday we went to mass in the morning, fallowed by a glorious brunch, a good ol game of settlers, a little Easter egg hunt for Samuel and a huge chicken dinner cooked by mwah.





Egg hunt


Eating chocolate




He ate whatever was inside the egg as soon as he found it

Playing games on Aunties phone


Probably our last family photo till our newest addition arrives

Easter monday we had another great supper at my in-laws and did another Easter egg hunt. Lets just say Samuels a pro now and thinks that he needs to find "eggies" every single day. :P

We had such a blessed Easter. Hope time keeps on passing by as fast as this weekend. I'm about done being so huge and tired of getting kicked in the hip :P not to much longer till our second little peanut shows his face :) We are all getting very excited.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...