Monday, March 12, 2012

Maid of Honour


All day even though I was going through some pretty trying things { landed my self with a last minute trip to my doctors but baby and I are fine } all I could think about was how I was missing my sisters wedding dress fitting. I guess I should probably have done a little back ground on this before I started writing this but I guess I just let the cat out of the bag, not that it was a secret. But yes! I am the maid of honour for my little sisters wedding which is coming up this July. This is the first time I have been in a wedding party. So not only is it the first time, it's the hugest roll you can have in the wedding other than being the bride her self. I feel like Im planning my own wedding all over again... Minus the fact that Im not making the decisions Im just along for the ride.

I am constantly thinking about some sort of wedding thing even if it has nothing to do with me. Im wondering if she got the invites out or if the photographer is picked ect ect..
I just can't help my self. Im one of those "all in" types of people. So if I'm in a wedding party, Im ALL in. I can't stand the the whole commit to everything but don't do it to the best of their ability people. I think if your going to do something than DO IT and do it well.

So when my sisters stunning wedding dress came in of course I want to be apart of it and be her support. She's one of those people who really needs a wing man for pretty much everything but obviously this isn't just anything so of course she needed me. Im not always able to go and help with wedding things since it's pretty difficult for my one and a half year old to sit longer than 5 seconds and not be running away on me, me being 7 weeks away from my due date and having much difficulty doing the every day things. Not to mention that things are usually going down at his nap time or that our house is in complete chaos because were moving in three weeks { there are many many more reasons I may add } but I do truly care and want to be apart of the wedding. I try to help with as much as I can.

This weekend is her bridal shower. It's going to be a good one fore sure. I have put a ton of time and planning into every aspect of the shower. My sister is very much about presentation so I want to make sure it's perfect and just how she would want it.

Im very excited for it to be here. I want to see the final out come and just relax and enjoy it. Im honestly pretty drained from it as well but it's the good kind of drained! I never realized how much planning could be involved in a party of this magnitude. People do want to help and are helping but there is still a huge amount left on the maid of honour. We have to do everything that no one else does and pick up all the little stray things.

Making invitations
Getting all the food
Baking
Get/make all the decorations

This may sound like a short list but when you add the driving time going from place to place trying to find the best deal. Or just constantly running here or there for things that were over looked. The time you spend making everything is ridiculous. Making shower invites literally took my entire weekend up, buying the supplies to make it, tracking down the addresses, making the invites and than finally heading to the post office to send them off. Good-bye weekend.

I am partly done making the thank you favours and hopefully will be starting on the cup cake toppers by wednesday. This is why I don't seem to have a spare moment except when Im awake at night with my insomnia but who really wants to be working on crafty things at 1 am? Not I. That's why I blog. For a little out let around all the chaos.

Even though there is a lot of planning and worrying about getting everything done in time I wouldn't change it for the world. Im so happy to be apart of this huge event in my sisters life. I know that Im the only one who could make it just the way she would want it. I am trying my hardest to go the extra mile to make sure she knows how much she is loved.












                                                                           

                                          Some of the shower inspirations all thanks to Pinterest


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...