Monday, February 27, 2012

Pizza Night



Today's the day to make pizza. My husbands most beloved food. This is the first time I have ever attempted to make it. Im not sure why!? Pizza in our house is usually a specialty that we order in on a friday or something, my hubby will cook a Delissio occasionally when Im not home to cook for him :P  I don't want to brag or anything but it turned out "awesome" ( in my husbands words, not mine) Growing up my family didn't do much cooking. We ate out a lot or had instant boxed food the rest of the time. I defiantly don't want to do that for my growing family if I can help it. We try hard to eat organic, healthy and just be balanced in what we eat. I would defiantly be lying if I said we didn't eat cookies, chips, gold fish ( those dang gold fish get me every time ) or any other thing every once in a while. And I think that's ok. As long as your eating proper meals and getting the veggies in I don't see a big deal in having a few treats here and there. We are not one of those full out health people, not that Im trying to judge anyone who is. That's great! I don't have the will power to do it.
I have had to make a few changes in my diet lately due to HORRIBLE migraines in this pregnancy. I'm talking about the full out lay in bed all day, don't  eat, no lights, no noise, someone take care of your kids type migraine.  I can't eat Wheat, Sugar or Sulphites and my darling husband is allergic to rice. You try to figure that one out :P Needless to say It's been rather hard trying to find somethings that doesn't have any of those ingredients. It's few and far between. I usually end up cooking two different versions of what Im making. It is starting to get a little tiresome since we don't have a dish washer and I can't comfortably stand at the sink anymore. But Ben has been helping out a ton more on the dishes department. I have defiantly noticed and really appreciate it.

The whole reason I even started to talk about my new diet is because I made a healthy pizza for myself. The little picture on the right with the tiny pizza on it? Yeah. That's my portabella mushroom pizza. It had a lot more veggies in it and was obviously on a mushroom but it also turned out good. Hope you all had a fantastic monday.

                                                                         - xoxo -
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...