Nathan Benjamin
Born May 8, 2012 @ 9:14 am
Weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces
21 inches long
21 inches long
The birth experience of both my sons has been completely different from each other. I had a horrible hospital birth with Samuel. Nothing seemed to go the way I wanted it to. I ended up having drugs and an epidural. The night nurse drove me insane by needlessly coming into our room every hour even though I hadn't slept in 2 days. Samuel wouldn't nurse. The list goes on.
Nathan's birth however was wonderful. Minus the actual birthing part. I seriously thought I was going to die. I don't know how you can experience so much pain and not just shut down! It's a good thing your body just takes over at that certain point and you can't not push. But I guess that's what we were created to do. What a wonderful design.
Nathan's birth took 13 labours hours, a big jump from Samuels previous 20 hour labour but defiantly just as hard... if not harder. He was born drug free ( hooray me ) with the cord around his neck 3 times. We had no idea. It could have been a really dangerous situation but he was resilient and popped out without a single complication. Our nurses for the entire stay were wonderful! They let us just do our thing. We had a lactation consultant who came to the hospital to get Nathan and I off on the right start so we didn't have a repeat of last time ( hopefully we don't in the future either ) . We left the hospital when he was just 11 hours old.
Were a 1 1/2 weeks in and it's been a real ride already. Every single day has had a different set of problems. Breast feeding has been a huge learning curve for me but were makin it. Samuel has really taken to Nathan. He always says "Hi" to him when ever he sees him and gives him a kiss. He has done pretty well adjusting to someone else taking up his mommy time. There have been a few bad moment but over all Im pretty happy with how he is doing. Samuel has always been really good at adapting and getting used to things fairly fast - mostly because he has no choice! I really believe kids do what's expected of them even from a young age but anyways... that's a topic for another day.
I am so happy to have my darling little boy here. He is so precious. Im falling in love all over again with a new little person. It feels great. I don't miss pregnancy a wink. Were slowly getting into a routine and getting back on our feet. Im really taking it easy this time. No over doing it. Just going to enjoy all my boys and the small amount of time I have with a new born. They really DO grow so fast.
![]() |
| Baby feet. Always adorable. |
![]() |
| Proud daddy |
| Proud mommy |
![]() |
| Noses |
![]() |
| We love you so much little man |
| The boys meeting each other for the first time |
![]() |
| God they are CUTE! |
Pin It Now!





No comments:
Post a Comment