Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Kony!

KONY! All I can see on Facebook is this name!

I don't know if any of you have heard about this but its blown up all over my Facebook. All my friends are posting about, Kony and talking about this video { from my understanding } that only came out today.

The video that Im talking about is a documentary a young man made about a guy named, Kony. This man is kidnapping children and brain washing them into killers with a single purpose of trying to keep power and hoping to over throw the government some day.

I was deeply moved and even cried a little while watching this documentary. It's like that movie "Blood Diamond" but in real life. And Im not trying to make a joke about the situation at all. If you haven't seen that movie, I would recommend it. "Blood Diamond" reminds me of the stories I'm hearing about this, Kony fellow. How they take children to make their army's and brain wash them. This is real and SCARY stuff.

I can't imagine living in such fear { fear being an understatement } at my age let alone being a child. Fear that you will be captured. Fear that you will never see your family. Fear that if you do get captured and escape they are going to hunt you down and do horrible things to you on top of the living conditions there, period. How often do they eat? How often are they sick from sleeping out side in the rain? How many kids don't have families even? How can people live like this? How can we NOT do anything about this?

Well here's the thing!

They CAN'T live like this anymore. And we HAVE to do something about it!

Think about your kids. Think about if this were you. You would be desperately hoping and praying for someone to do something. Here is your chance to make a difference by just sharing the video, on your Blog, Facebook, Twitter. Whatever. It's real easy! The link I have above also has a pledge you can sign if you want and you can obviously donate, like any cause. 

What you do is up to you!
I just hope that by posting this I will have touched some person some where to take a stand and make a change. If not on this issue, for another one. I know there are many topics I am passionate about, usually having to do with children, this is why this one hit home for me.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...