You may not know this but we are moving very soon into our first house :)
I know. It's huge. It's exciting. Can't wait to get in there.
Good bye to small shared spaces!!
Our house is just prefect for us. It's a beautiful 2 story, 4 bedroomed, 3 bathroomed house with a nice back yard and double heated garage. With plenty of room for a 5th bedroom and maybe a craft room...? Oh the possibilities.
Im very much a decorator. Since I spend 90% of my time in our house I would like it to look a certain way and have a certain feel to it. Since we have been married we have been renting and along with our renting we haven't been able to paint or make it how I would want it to look.
But I always knew it wasn't going to be forever and I would rather wait till we actually got our house to go and invest in all the house things I want. And that day is finally here.
I'll try very hard not to break the bank account. I will defiantly have to pace myself. We can't just get everything all at once even though that would be awesome haha.
So were taking it one room at a time.. well, sort of. Before we actually move in we are painting 2 bedrooms, a fire place and 1 accented wall in our master bedroom. We are also going to change out some light fixtures and the chandelier in the stairwell ( My husbands an electrician and of course those are top priority on his list, not that I mind, specially with that chandelier. Its pretty horrible at present )
Than of course my clean freak comes out and I'll want to give it a good scrub down before we actually move in. But by the end of this month we will officially be living in our new house. YAYYY!
We found out our little bundle is going to be another boy :) Which I am over the moon about. I can do boys. Girls are a learning curve, for me anyways. But I do hope to have at least one girl some day..... { Notice the huge side thought as I sit here thinking about having a girl someday }
I'm SO excited to be able to decorate the babies room this time around. Colour scheme. Pictures. Banners. All those things they talk about in the pregnancy books. I finally get to "nest".
![]() |
This is the colour I wanted for the babies room { above }. Ben 100% hates it. haha. Of course. So we won't be doing it. Im a little sad since I think its a wonderful vibrant colour. In the end we decided on a cream colour, very neutral colour called Frapp. It will look something like the picture below.
![]() |
A friend of mine just had a baby not to long ago and she was told it was going to be a boy. They had "his" name picked out and everything. But when baby arrived it a was a little girl. Talk about the shock of your life. So maybe it's a good thing its just a neutral colour.
You can spice the room up anyways by adding boy colours or girl colours to the picture frames or dressers. Im not to worried.
Samuel's room is going to be a medium shade of grey. Not so light that you can't tell what it is but not so dark that you feel like your in a cave. Both boys rooms will be easy to adjust to other rooms when they get bigger. So that's another reason were also going fairly neutral on the rooms.
![]() |
Samuel's room is going to be something like this picture above... minus all the pink in this picture :P But it's the closest description I could find of the colour I want. I like the white picture frames and change table with it. But I think ill be picking more boy-ish colours for those things.
After 2 weeks of looking and discussing, all our colours are picked. Next, to find our chandelier. Than we will be ready to start the changes to the house as soon as we get it next week :) eeeeekkkkk.



No comments:
Post a Comment